The NZERF was established in 1976 and incorporated as a board in 1981 under the provisions of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
The aims of the NZERF are;
· To promote and expand public knowledge regarding the welfare, breeding, feeding, management, health and performance of horses of all types
· To encourage the study and understanding of horses
· To promote or assist research and other scientific work in connection with horses
· To make public the results of research and other scientific work regarding horses
· To instigate or assist projects relating to the advancement of horses
The NZERF Board consists of two members appointed by New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing, one member appointed by Harness Racing New Zealand, one member appointed by the New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Association, one member appointed by the New Zealand Standardbred Breeders Association, one member from Massey University, one member from the Equine Branch of the New Zealand Veterinary Association, one member from the New Zealand Racing Board, one member from Equestrian Sport New Zealand, one member from the New Zealand Pony Club Association, and one member representing New Zealand Equine Researchers.
In terms of determining future priorities, the NZERF is seeking feedback from the horse fraternity as to what projects would be of interest for further research. Attached is a link to an online survey that it would be greatly appreciated if you could complete.
The results of this will be then considered by the NZERF and help determine the direction of future research into areas that are of the greatest interest to people. This survey should take 10-15 minutes and will provide valuable feedback for the Foundation.
All individuals who complete the survey by 30 June will go into a draw to win an Ipad.